Agency Endowment Funds
Endowing your nonprofit organization
Establishing an Agency Endowment Fund at the Community Foundation of the South Okanagan is a simple and efficient way to build an income for your nonprofit organization. We will work closely with you to develop planned giving programs and joint marketing efforts in addition to offering investment and administrative experience.
How it works:
- Your board determines how much you would like to invest longterm.
- Your organization works with our professional staff to complete a fund agreement.
- We set up a special fund in the name of your nonprofit organization.
- Your nonprofit organization receives regular statements on the fund.
- You can add to the fund at any time.
- We handle all the administrative details – including investment management and help in specifying grant disbursements – so that your organization puts assets where they’re needed.
- Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift – and all future earnings from your gift – is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.
Designated Fund – For Your Nonprofit Organization
An agency endowment fund is a safe and simple way for your nonprofit organization to establish its own endowment. Your donors can be sure that the endowed fund’s principal will not be spent and can grow over time, providing a source of lasting support. And the Community Foundation’s economies of scale provide your organization with the benefits of a diverse investment portfolio and low investment fees that typically come only with very large funds.
The Community Foundation of the South Okanagan also allows your organization’s regular donors to leave a bequest through the Community Foundation to create a personal legacy fund with the agency designated as the beneficiary, forever. The Community Foundation can facilitate even the most complex planned gifts or gifts of appreciated stock or real estate. We handle investment management and the administrative responsibilities related to endowment so that your organization’s staff and volunteer hours are concentrated on fulfilling your mission.